Insurance for Shop Owners

Get Free Quotes Now
  • Choose from a range of covers 

  • Competitive Prices from leading insurers 

  • Instant online purchase – no paperwork 

Why do Shop Owners need it?

While you are busy helping your customers with their shopping needs, let us take care of your business insurance. Whether you sell the best fish and chips in town or the quirkiest gifts around, you can receive free quotes delivered to your inbox in minutes with just a few clicks or a quick phone call. Choose the policy you prefer and you will be covered instantly, letting you get back to looking after your customers quicker.  

Did you know?

Commercial leases often require tenants to maintain Public Liability insurance and Glass insurance. There may also be a requirement that your landlord is noted as an interested party on the insurance policy. 

Insurance for Shop Owners

Public Liability Insurance* 

As a shop owner, there’s potential liability exposure that can arise from the daily operations of your retail business. Public Liability insurance will cover third party property damage and or injury that might not be covered by ACC.  

If you lease your premises, then your landlord will more than likely insist you have Public Liability insurance. 

What is covered?

  • Compensation for accidental damage to third party property 
  • Compensation for personal injury or death to third parties where the ACC does not provide cover 
  • Legal and defence costs 

What is typically NOT covered? 

  • Injury to your employees 
  • Damage to your own property 
  • Compensation for personal injury whereby cover is provided by the ACC 
  • Unknown losses of stock only realised at a stock taking  
  • Known claims and circumstances 

Business Insurance* 

Your customers may be your bread and butter but your business assets are what help keep your store functioning. All it takes is a few unforeseen challenges to impact your business and its finances. 

Business Insurance is an insurance package designed to provide cover for your business contents, stock, tools and commercial premises when an insured event occurs (such as fire, storm, theft or even accidental damage).  

A Business Insurance package can also cover your portable equipment, glass and for loss of revenue due to business interruption in specified circumstances.   

Things to consider

  • Does your business rely on portable property (such as tools)?
  • Would having to replace or repair of the equipment put your business under financial stress?
  • Is your portable equipment stored in the open air or is it secured? Your policy wording is likely to explain how your portable property is required to be securely stored for it to be covered by your insurance.
*As with any insurance, cover will be subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the policy wording. The information contained on this web page is general only and should not be relied upon as advice.